Sunday, June 22, 2008

Good Evening, World.

I am an avid LiveJournal user, however I have decided to make my way over here to check things out and perhaps start a less...private journal.

My name is Rianna, and I am a 19 year old college student attending UW-Madison.
This blog will be used for me to discuss any sort of entertainment I am interested in, want to discover or am currently checking out.

The title comes from a song by my favorite band, 3.
They are a prog-rock band from Woodstock, NY with a distinctive sound and a fantastic vocalist, who is also one of the best guitarists I have ever heard.

Now onto my current finds.

For starters, I saw You Don't Mess With the Zohan about two weeks ago with my brother and sister. Now, as a warning, my sister is 11 years old and I did not think it was a good idea to take her, but my mother insisted. I still don't believe it was a good idea, but most of it probably went over her head. My brother is 14 and got a kick out of it. It is a very sexual movie but luckily there is nothing graphic, just a lot of implied sexuality and more innuendo than I think I've ever encountered in an hour and a half. I did enjoy it greatly however. I'm not a huge Adam Sandler fan, but I do like some of his stuff, and this was a little different than his usual type of character. I highly recommend it for any Adam Sandler fan.

Currently I am reading the third book in the Ender series by Orson Scott Card, Xenocide. I loved Ender's Game and Speaker for the Dead, so I am hoping this book will meet my standards for science fiction. Anyone that knows me well understands how picky I am with my sci-fi. First of all, I am very anti-aliens in any form of media. I only saw half of Signs and couldn't take much more. I loved the War of the Worlds remake until they showed the alien. Yet I consider Ender's Game one of my favorite books of all times. I think since it doesn't focus on the aliens themselves, but rather the psychological aspect within the training of the children, it held my interest all the way to the end.

I am also reading Dante Aligheri's The Divine Comedy, but I haven't gotten far enough into it to have a clear opinion on it. It is a book I have been wanting to read for a long time, so I hope I will be pleased with it.

Well, it looks like I am off to the store to buy some ice cream and snacks for my brother and I.

A domani,
RJ

8 comments:

Felipe Magalhães said...

Hi...you seem to be such a nice girl!!...I could tell you like to read...I studied literature in college...God I love it!!...see ya!

Jenny said...

Hey Rianna, nice blog. I put a link to it on mine.

FATTY STANK said...

Maddy, my love, would you like to be added to my blogger?

rjaye said...

THERE YOU ARE MISS ABBEY
and yes plz

FATTY STANK said...

yeah, well, the problem there is that I'm a blogger idiot and can't find your email address.
HALP.

Anonymous said...

You don't happen to own Speaker for the Dead do you? If you do can i steal it?

BecK said...

The above was me (Becca from the bakery (that should be my new name)) by the way.

rjaye said...

I do in fact! I'll bring it to work tomorrow.