Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Smiths

I watched I Am Legend last night and sadly... I was rather disappointed.
It was nothing like I thought it would be. I was expecting a smart, psychological thriller... not an overdone plot involving crappy CGI zombies popping out unexpectedly. Not saying it was a bad movie, but I was not too thrilled.

Sure, Resident Evil is similar with the storyline, and yes they have monsters and zombies, but for some reason I just really enjoyed them much more.

Plus I've been watching way too much Fresh Prince lately, so I immediately burst out into
"In West Philadelphia, born and raised..." at the beginning of the movie, and my parents joined right in. I think they were surpised that I knew the entire song, and not just the short version they play as the theme.


I am looking forward to Will Smith's new movie Hancock. It looks pretty hilarious.

I've always wondered though... is Mr. Smith really a Scientologist? He's on the "rumored" list, but I just don't know. It would be rather upsetting if he was. Normally I'm all for "to each his own" and I'm usually fine with letting people believe in whatever they want to believe, but c'mon. How am I supposed to be fine with people buying into a religion formed around the idea of making money? And involving some alien as the connecting force between all humans? I'm serious... anyone who actually believes in that needs some help.

Alright, stepping off my soapbox... on the subject of Will Smith, ever since I found out it was her, I've been amused at the fact that Jada Pinkett Smith is the lead singer of Wicked Wisdom. Who would have thought that the wife of Will Smith would sing in a creepy hard rock band? They're actually decent too, I saw them live a couple years ago.

5 comments:

shakenbsis said...

OMG... Is that her for real??

rjaye said...

That it is!!

shakenbsis said...

Heeeee...
*searching around for a place to file this discordant information...*
You crack me UP!
It was wild and a little eerie seeing her like that ;)

Jenny said...

I too thought I am legend was stupid. I think the worst part was at the end when he was behind the glass and the zombies were trying to bust through it. He was standing there trying to reason with them. Saying "Stop, I can help you."... Like those psycho dummies could really understand what he was saying! NAR :P

Felipe Magalhães said...

u really like movies, don't cha?...well...I liked I am Legend..I mean...it's not a totally new concept of movies, but I thought it was a nice entertainment and that's it...c ya!..I like your blog!