Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Summerfest '08

Anyone who lives in Wisconsin knows the excitement of the summer that is...Summerfest. I've only actually been once, which was two summers ago when I went to see Panic! At The Disco (yes, back when they still had the exclamation point). I think because such a popular band was playing there was such a huge crowd, because I couldn't see a damn thing and it wasn't a very good experience.





However, since there's no one too huge this year, I might try my best to see one of my favorite bands, Coheed and Cambria. They were in Milwaukee at the Rave a couple of years ago but I didn't get to see them, so I was quite disappointed. Hopefully I'll get lucky and score myself a couple of cheap tickets and bring a friend or two to check out the show. They're the only band I really feel like I *need* to see this year. They've been at Summerfest before but like I said, I have only been once.



I was considering getting a laptop for school next semester, as I have a desktop now and it's just too difficult to deal with notes. I'd like to be able to take notes on a laptop during class. Then I started thinking about getting a Macbook and I did some research on it. I made sure to stay off the Apple sites and choose relatively unbiased comparisons online. For awhile a Macbook was looking like a good option...until I spoke with my father. He is quite anti-Mac... to say the least. Luckily though he has actually used Macs before and it isn't just a familiarity preference. So if I get a laptop at all now, I'll probably stick with HP or something. But I might just stick with the clutzy desktop unless I make enough money from tips this summer to get myself a pretty new toy (though with the way business is going I'll be lucky to make $100 in tips in the next two months).

3 comments:

shakenbsis said...

Rianna! i found you ;)

I have two pics I found for you hiding in another folder on my camera disc...
bet you cana't iamgine who's in them????

FATTY STANK said...

I saw coheed live. I LOVED it.

rjaye said...

OMG I HATE YOU ABBEY I HATE YOUUUUUU